Burrow Lee, PLLC defended General Motors in a workers compensation case where the employee sought permanent total disability benefits at trial (James Harrison v. General Motors, LLC). This could have led to an award of in excess of $400,000.00 in disability benefits. We successfully defended the case at trial and the employee was only awarded workers compensation benefits for PPD totaling $18,545.76. This case was appealed to the Tennessee Special Workers Compensation Appeals panel and the appellate court rejected the appeal of the employee. The Court found that the trial courts determination that the defense expert was more persuasive on the issue of permanent total disability than the expert of the employee, was appropriate and affirmed the trial court ruling.
We obtained a defense verdict in east Tennessee as associated with an employee’s claim of septic arthritis allegedly associated with an injury to his leg. In the case of Gary Burleson v. Doyle’s Tire Service Inc., and Federated Mutual Insurance Co., Docket No. 2016-02-0033, the Court determined and the Appellate Court affirmed the employee failed to establish he injured his ACL and/or MCL as a result of the work accident and could not, therefore, prove the septic arthritis alleged was caused primarily by his alleged work injury. The Court found the defendant employer’s expert testimony more credible than that of the employee and, therefore, held the employee failed to establish a work-related injury and entered a defense verdict for the employer/insurer which was affirmed on appeal.
Burrow Lee, PLLC
611 Commerce Street Suite 2603
Nashville, TN 37203
Office: (615) 540-1005
Fax: (615) 866-6927
Latest Articles & News
- Tennessee Caps on Damages for Sexual Harassment CasesFebruary 11, 2018 - 9:43 pm
- Court Awards Attorney’s Fees Against Employer/Insurer for Failure to Timely Initiate BenefitsFebruary 8, 2018 - 8:26 pm
- Tennessee Tort of “Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress”January 28, 2018 - 10:10 pm
- Tennessee Supreme Court Overturns COA Dedmon case – Key Decision for Personal Injury cases on Medical Bill EvidenceJanuary 10, 2018 - 10:08 pm
- Federal Court Denies Motion for Summary Judgment Against Burrow Lee, PLLC Client in Sexual Harassment CaseMarch 6, 2018 - 7:02 pm
- Workers Compensation Appeals Panel Upholds Rejection of Permanent Total Disability Claim By Trial CourtFebruary 21, 2018 - 1:51 pm
- $1.5+ Million Dollar Verdict Obtained in Sexual Harassment Case Against Tennessee DoctorFebruary 3, 2018 - 9:17 pm
- Summary Judgment Granted for Client in Slip and Fall CaseFebruary 3, 2018 - 9:17 pm