We obtained summary judgment in slip and fall claim at a convenience store in Jackson, TN. This was in the Circuit Court of Madison County where the Court determined, based upon our Motion for Summary Judgment, the plaintiff could not identify and prove the dangerous condition which allegedly caused his fall. At the mediation prior to the Motion for Summary Judgment, the last and lowest demand of settlement was $190,000.00. This was as associated with the plaintiff’s loss/discontinuance of employment, medical bills and asserted pain and suffering.
We were able to litigate a very serious premises liability injury case against our Landlord client where the plaintiff fell from a height and lost his leg. Our client was dismissed on summary judgment because the Landlord was not legally responsible for the injury of the Plaintiff.
Our client was a landlord who owned a strip mall in Memphis, Tennessee. They were sued due to a fight that occurred on one of their Tenant’s property. This was was significantly litigated and defended by our firm. The plaintiff voluntarily dismissed our client with no money paid, ending the lengthy litigation against our client.
Burrow Lee, PLLC
611 Commerce Street Suite 2603
Nashville, TN 37203
Office: (615) 540-1005
Fax: (615) 866-6927
Latest Articles & News
- Tennessee Caps on Damages for Sexual Harassment CasesFebruary 11, 2018 - 9:43 pm
- Court Awards Attorney’s Fees Against Employer/Insurer for Failure to Timely Initiate BenefitsFebruary 8, 2018 - 8:26 pm
- Tennessee Tort of “Intentional Infliction of Emotional Distress”January 28, 2018 - 10:10 pm
- Tennessee Supreme Court Overturns COA Dedmon case – Key Decision for Personal Injury cases on Medical Bill EvidenceJanuary 10, 2018 - 10:08 pm
- Federal Court Denies Motion for Summary Judgment Against Burrow Lee, PLLC Client in Sexual Harassment CaseMarch 6, 2018 - 7:02 pm
- Workers Compensation Appeals Panel Upholds Rejection of Permanent Total Disability Claim By Trial CourtFebruary 21, 2018 - 1:51 pm
- $1.5+ Million Dollar Verdict Obtained in Sexual Harassment Case Against Tennessee DoctorFebruary 3, 2018 - 9:17 pm
- Summary Judgment Granted for Client in Slip and Fall CaseFebruary 3, 2018 - 9:17 pm